Terms of service
Terms and Conditions of Web Hosting Service Provided by goldcoastinternet.net:
1. Client agrees that the Plan Provisions stated are at the price provided. If there are changes to the Plan selected by the Client, additional fees may be incurred.
2. Client agrees that goldcoastinternet assumes no liability for the content posted or uploaded to the host space.
3. Client agrees that goldcoastinternet is not liable for any damages incurred as a result of a misuse of the host space, or its location, by the client. This includes damages occurring as a result of spamming by the Client.
4. The Client is defined as the company listed above and the disclaimer herein applies to this entity, its subsidiaries, or any contractors or service providers engaged by the Client.
5. Upon digitally agreeing to the this agreement, the Client agrees to pay goldcoastinternet the monthly rate stated at the time the hosting service began.
6. goldcoastinternet is providing this hosting services only, and there are no other impled services available or delivered as part of this plan.
7. goldcoastinternet is not responsible for damages resulting from the loss or misuse of any website data, including but not limited to, information provided by site visitors such as email addresses, personal contact information, and/or credit card information provided as part of an ecommerce implementation. It is understood and accepted by the Client that the Internet medium is subject to cyber attacks and site hacks, and therefore, we cannot control nor limit the effect of ongoing intrusion methods.
8. This hosting service is provided as a month-in-advance billed service. goldcoastinternet will attempt to contact the Client if payment has not been received by the 10th of the month-current billing cycle. If payment has not been received by the end of the current-month billing cycle, goldcoastinternet reserves the right to demand payment in full for the month(s) in arrears as well as a late-payment fee of $10 per month for every month in arrears as well as interrupt service until the account is paid to current status. If the account remains unpaid for 60 days, goldcoastinternet reserves the right to delete the account and any data in the host space.
9. goldcoastinternet reserves the right to suspend the host space service in the event it is determined that the host space account has been used to deliver spam emails.
10. goldcoastinternet reserves the right to suspend the host space service in the event it is determined that there is a virus on the host space in any of the files, databases, and/or email content.
11. The hosting service may be terminated by written notice via postal mail or email to email@example.com. Upon receipt of termination notice, goldcoastinternet.net will end the hosting service on the last day of the month from the date of receipt of the notice. At that time, all data on the host space will be deleted unless prior arrangements have been made.
This Web Site Availability Service Level Agreement (SLA) applies to you (“customer”) if you have ordered any hosting account services from goldcoastinternet (the “Services”) and your account is current (i.e., not past due) with goldcoastinternet: As used herein, the term “Web Site Availability” means the percentage of a particular month (based on 24-hour days for the number of days in the subject month) that the content of customer’s Web site is available for access by third parties via HTTP and HTTPS, as measured by goldcoastinternet.
goldcoastinternet’s goal is to achieve 100% Web Site Availability for all customers.
Subject to Sections 3 and 4 below, if the Web Site Availability of customer’s Web site is less than 100%, goldcoastinternet will issue a credit to customer in accordance with the following schedule, with the credit being calculated on the basis of the monthly service charge for the affected Services:
Web Site Availability Credit Percentage
99.9 to 100% 0%
98% to 99.8% 10%
95% to 97.9% 25%
90% to 94.9% 50%
89.9% or below 100%
Customer shall not receive any credits under this SLA in connection with any failure or deficiency of Web Site Availability caused by or associated with:
- circumstances beyond goldcoastinternets’ reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of any governmental body, war, insurrection, sabotage, armed conflict, embargo, fire, flood, strike or other labor disturbance, interruption of or delay in transportation, unavailability of or interruption or delay in telecommunications or third party services, virus attacks or hackers, failure of third party software (including, without limitation, ecommerce software, payment gateways, chat, statistics or free scripts) or inability to obtain raw materials, supplies, or power used in or equipment needed for provision of this SLA;
- failure of access circuits to the goldcoastinternet Network, unless such failure is caused solely by goldcoastinternet;
- scheduled maintenance and emergency maintenance and upgrades;
- DNS issues outside the direct control of goldcoastinternet;
- issues with FTP, POP, IMAP, or SMTP customer access;
- false SLA breaches reported as a result of outages or errors of any goldcoastinternet measurement system;
- customer’s acts or omissions (or acts or omissions of others engaged or authorized by customer), including, without limitation, custom scripting or coding (e.g., CGI, Perl, HTML, ASP, PHP etc), any negligence, willful misconduct, or use of the Services in breach of goldcoastinternet’s Terms and Conditions and Acceptable Use Policy;
- e-mail or webmail delivery and transmission;
- DNS (Domain Name Server) Propagation.
- outages elsewhere on the Internet that hinder access to your account. goldcoastinternet is not responsible for browser or DNS caching that may make your site appear inaccessible when others can still access it. goldcoastinternet will guarantee only those areas considered under the control of goldcoastinternet: goldcoastinternet’s server links to the Internet, goldcoastinternet’s routers, and goldcoastinternet’s servers.
- Database table corruption errors where advice on more robust hosting for mission critical data has been declined.
Credit Request and Payment Procedures
To receive a credit for a hosting account, the customer must make a request therefore by sending an e-mail message to firstname.lastname@example.org
The e-mail message MUST include the domain name of the customer’s account in the “Subject” line. Each request in connection with this SLA must include the dates and times of the unavailability of customer’s Web site and must be received by goldcoastinternet within ten (10) business days after the customer’s Web Site was not available. If the unavailability is confirmed by goldcoastinternet, credits will be applied within two billing cycles after goldcoastinternet’s receipt of the customer’s credit request. Credits are not refundable and can be used only towards future billing charges.
Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, the total amount credited to customer in a particular month under this SLA shall not exceed the total hosting fee paid by customer for such month for the affected Services. Credits are exclusive of any applicable taxes charged to customer or collected by goldcoastinternet and are customer’s sole and exclusive remedy with respect to any failure or deficiency in the Web Site Availability of customer’s Web site.
Note: Credits are not refundable and can be used only towards future billing charges.